|Billy C. Earles||Vice President|
|Joe C. Humphrey||Vice President|
|A. Sam Waldrop||Vice President|
|Clive Pierce||Immediate Past President|
|Sid E. McKinney||Director|
|Charles A. Moser||Director|
|Hart C. Shoemaker||Director|
|R. H. Neimann||Director|
Pancake supper was held on March 28 at Rose Field House, Hardin Simmons Campus. The public enjoyed it and was labeled as "the biggest city wide event of the year." Tables to accommodate 585 people at one sitting was provided. After the supper a committee was established to purchase more griddles. We have been borrowing griddles from Brownwood Kiwanis Club. Total ticket sales 9,092 with the net profit at $3875.00
American Library Week was observed by the club and inaugurated the continuance of the "Buy a Book for the Library" program. This has been a very successful program and has produced 4,556 books for the library. The Vocational Guidance Committee arranged for the club to present 117 Boy Scout Merit Badge Pamphlets to the library.
The Boys & Girls Committee held a meeting at the Boy Scout building on South Jackson St.
The Club joined fourteen other local service clubs at Dyess Air Force Base in observing Armed Forces Day. Luncheon was held in the Vapor Trails Service Club.
The Vocational Committee presented five Vocational Guidance Kits to five High and Junior High Schools in the city. Cost for these Kits was $700.
Thirteen members of Club went to Sweetwater for an Inter-Club.
The board voted to donate $1000 toward the purchase of an athletic bus for Cooper High School. They also voted to allow $400 for bars and other equipment for the swimming pool at West Texas Rehabilitation Center and $400 for scholarships to be used next school year. The Boys & Girls committee recommended that the scholarship program be under the supervision of the Vocational Guidance Committee.
On August 3, 1961 the board voted to combine the duties of the Secretary, Treasurer and the KIWANIGRAM editor under one head at a stipend of $100 per month. Sid Pass was offered the combined job and he accepted it. The change will take place on Sept. 1.
The Club's Schoolboy Safety Patrol Program received special note at the International Convention in Toronto on July 2-6. Mel Coltharp and Burl King were the club's delegates.
Twenty-three members and wives attended the District Convention in San Angelo on October 10. This club was asked to demonstrate a model club meeting. Joe Humphrey acted as president and presided. Entertainment was provided by Jerry Hitt, and Ray N. Johnson brought the message.
The Boys and Girls Committee recommended to the board a donation of $480 for a new roof on the old dining hall at Camp Tonkawa which was honored. For the past four years the Abilene Kiwanis Club has made a sizeable donation to the big camp at Buffalo Gap. In 1957 the club paid $500 for a campsite, Dining Chairs were purchased in 1958 with $498, and in 1959, $610 was spent for tables. Two boats costing $180 each were purchased for the camp in 1960.
The club donated $400 to the West Texas Science Fair and purchased a cooler for Abilene State School.
A clothing pick-up container was purchased for the Salvation Army for $100 by the Abilene Kiwanis Club.
Past President Chuck Moser is the Chairman of the United Fund Drive and Elmo Cure, Jr. is co-chairman of Abilene Kiwanis Club's committee to enlist seventy Kiwanians to solicit small businesses on October 5th. This is part of an inter-club project in which all service clubs are participating in a one day "Clean Sweep Operation".